Friday 24 August 2012

Kids these days

Today was my second day back at the International School. I will be there until my time in Germany is over. I am helping in a grades 3/4 class. I went into this class because the english teacher is very good and was recommended to me. So far I am really enjoying it. The class is a lot of fun because I helped some of them when I first volunteered back in March and then Yannic is in the class along with most of his friends all of which I know pretty well. When I first met the class they made me count up to ten in German I of course did it with out any problems. One of the things I am excited out by being here in this class is that I will hopefully become better at German because I will be speaking with kids all day and I find they use vocabulary that is easier for me to understand. 
Not a lot of drama has happened with the kids seen as it is only their second day of being back. The only thing really to happen was today a boy in grade 4 locked himself in the boys bathroom and wouldn't come out. Finally he let some of his good friends come in who talked to him and convinced him to come out. His reasoning was because he had a bad music class and didn't get along with the teacher. I find it to be that boys at that age are a lot more emotional then girls and cause a lot more drama. Every time there is some sort of arguing or crying it always seems to be involving boys. Maybe it's just they need to get it out of their system so by the time they reach being a teenager they never cry and then its girl who take on having the issues. 

Since summer is over everything is slowly getting back to normal in the house. I had to watch the boys on Wednesday evening . Every time I am left alone with them one of them always wants to test me, this time it was Yannic. Over the summer Yannic got an Ipod that he is obsessed with. He is always playing it and once he starts playing he won't stop. When he came home from school I let him play thinking it wasn't going to be that hard to get him to stop but i was wrong. I have been here for six months almost and not once has Yannic ever cried to me until that night. I took away his Ipod and he started crying and yelling at me because he was being chased by cops and now he is dead and has to start all over. I was thinking to myself why can't you just be like a girl and go play with barbies. It's funny to me the things boys cry over compared to girls. Us girls always have a good logic and reason to why we cry .... right ? 
After that night Yannic got his Ipod taken away because he wasn't listening to me and then he hit Dominic in the face with a towel which caused Dominic to be upset and since we're best friends he asked me to lye with him in his bunk bed which made a good ending to the hectic night that it was. As for Yannic and I we're currently friends off. 

xo 

No comments:

Post a Comment