Tuesday 13 November 2012

The last Three weeks!

On Sunday my mom left and I even though it's only been two days without her I miss her already. We spent three wonderful weeks together. We travelled to Zurich and got too see a bit of the Switzerland countryside which was really pretty although it was a bit foggy .The old part of Zurich was really nice with a lot of expensive shops. While we were in Zurich we learned very fast that it was very very expensive. I think we spent 100 euro in three days on starbucks coffee. During the week we saw a lot of Cologne and when I say we saw a lot of Cologne I mean we saw a lot of the shops. My mom and I have a serious shopping addiction and I don't see anything wrong with that.
 I made sure to give my mom the full German experience which means you're aloud to drink beer everywhere so of course we got some beers and drank them on the streets ... we felt so rebellious since back home it's illegal and of course she enjoyed a German sausage. 
During my moms second weekend here I surprised her with a trip to Paris for her birthday which was an experience. It was my second time in Paris and I could never get sick of the city it is so lovely. The first day in Paris we walked and found our hotel which took about 5 hours because we both can't read a map ... kidding, kind of. The next day we woke early and walked for almost 7 hours and saw a lot of the city.  The highlight of the whole trip was getting a ride home with some real winners. My moms a talker and for a five hour car ride home that was the longest she has gone without talking in all my life. We did mitfahren which is the carpooling i've done a couple times before ... it's always an interesting experience to say the least. 
During the last week we just hung out and walked a lot. We got to see a lot of the German countryside which is so beautiful. If you plan to come to Germany i'd suggest coming in the fall it's so colourful. She got to meet some of the friends i've made and she got to meet the teachers I work with at the school. We had a really fun three weeks and I'll never forget the fun times we've had.  

Mom, 
Thank you for being all that you are. I couldn't have gotten through these last three weeks without you. 
I love you SO much! 

We will always have Zurich and Paris! 

XO 




No comments:

Post a Comment