Monday 12 March 2012

First Day!

Today was my first day helping out at the International School. It went very well in fact I made about six or seven new friends .... too bad they're only 6 years old and don't like to speak english. I always find it interesting meeting a class full of youngsters because you get to see so many different personalities which always makes for an interesting day. 
In the morning I got to take four of the well behaved girls out into the hallway and read a poem to them. We finished faster then the the rest of the class so they sat and talked to me. They taught be the word apple in german which is apfel. I asked them some questions. One question that made me laugh was when I asked them if they liked learning english. The response of a little girl named Elizabeth -" I don't learn english ... I know english". I found this to be a lie because she never wants to speak english to me .... maybe that's her way of telling me she doesn't want to talk to me. 


xo

No comments:

Post a Comment