Sunday 4 March 2012

Rainy days in Koln


I have finally reached Cologne or Koln as the Germans say it. So far the weather has been cloudy with rain off and on through out the day. I haven't seen much of the city as of yet but tomorrow I will. I cannot wait. I am very excited to see what this lovely city has to offer.
The first few things I have learned about the two boys I am watching is one of the boys named Yannic who is 8 loves ketchup more than me. He likes to put it on almost everything. Last night he put it on his pasta. When I saw him putting ketchup on his pasta I laughed and thought to myself I am going to have to try that sometime. I haven't learned much about Dominic who is 7. He likes to eat a lot ... well both the boys do. They both like Star Wars which is great because I have not seen any of the Star Wars movies. 
Since today is pretty rainy we have just sat inside drinking tea and eating cake. On Sunday a lot of the stores are closed except for the bakeries, they are open 7 days a week ... which is perfect for me! They have all kinds of fresh goods. We went today and I got to pick out a piece of cake and of course I picked chocolate. 
My German is still awful ... I don't know anything well I know nien which means no. Tomorrow I am going to sit down with Ivetta the mom and she will help learn some German.
Chow for now!
xo 

No comments:

Post a Comment