Sunday 25 March 2012

Out & About

Yesterday I went to an au pair meeting to hopefully meet some English speaking friends. I was very disappointed because mostly everyone who showed up spoke German or any language but English. We spent the day at a museum, we did a tour. The women who gave the tour only spoke in German which was the most boring two hours of my life. I don't speak German and trying to understand what she was saying was impossible. The two hours went by very very very very slow. My mission for the day was to get home by myself with out getting lost and I did it. It was very confusing but I found the train and got on it. I did make one phone call to see if I was headed in the right direction which I was so I gave myself a pat on the back. 
Sunday turned out to be very fun. I met a girl from Poland. She is an au pair three minutes to where I am staying. We hung out all day and biked to the city centre. It was an hour bike ride to the city centre because we went slow and talked but if you go fast it should only take you about twenty - thirty minutes. I prefer biking because I am in control so if I get lost I can easily turn around. It is a good way to learn the streets and get comfortable with the area you're in. With the weather being so great I found it to be a perfect day!


xo

No comments:

Post a Comment